OUr contact details
Cornwall for Europe’s Purpose
Cornwall for Europe is a membership organisation campaigning for a close relationship with the European Union, and to ensure that European values, standards, and rights are upheld in British law post-Brexit. Cornwall for Europe’s activities are facilitated by our membership and supporters.
We are affiliated to the European Movement.
Our members and supporters support our mission and campaign aims through various means, including:
- Fundraising through paid membership, donations and occasionally purchasing merchandise and campaign materials.
- Campaigning through various activities such as street stalls, surveys, online petitions and letter writing.
- Volunteering for various projects.
- Participating in our digital activities.
We take active steps to make sure that our supporters are aware of the ways in which they can help us achieve our overall purpose.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (such as name, contact details and any information you have supplied as part of our volunteer survey).
How we get personal information and why we have it
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is your consent, which you are able to remove at any time.
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you. We hold and process supporters’ personal data for a number of reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and actions taken by our supporters and our communications with them.
- To send our supporters marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and appeals where we have their consent or are otherwise allowed to.
- To fulfil contractual obligations entered into with supporters e.g. online purchases.
- To support volunteers at their events.
- To record volunteers’ interests, skills and other information they have supplied so that we may request participation in projects or campaigns
- To record campaigning actions by supporters.
- To ensure we do not send unwanted information to supporters or members of the public who have informed us they do not wish to be contacted.
- To tell you about any policies and campaigns that may be of interest to you.
- To tell you about changes to your membership.
Will Cornwall for Europe share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within Cornwall for Europe for the purposes for which it was obtained. Cornwall for Europe will not, under any circumstances, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive marketing from any companies, charities or other organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We will never pass your personal data to any third parties except where you have given us permission to do so. For example, where you have signed a petition and are clearly informed that this petition will be presented to a third party.
Where legally required
We will also comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
How we store your personal information
How we keep your personal information safe
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained volunteers.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Cornwall for Europe, email email@example.com, via our website www.cornwallforeurope.org or telephone us on 01872 672248.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last updated: July 2020